Salmon & Herb Tartlets
These gluten free Salmon and Herb Tartlets are great for so many occasions.. entertaining, an afternoon bite or a delicious breakfast!
- Cooking oil spray
- 8 slices Helga’s Gluten Free Mixed Grain Bread
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tbsp smooth ricotta
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- 150g hot smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, flaked
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray 8 holes of a 12-hole (¼-cup/60ml) flat-bottomed muffin pan with oil; line bases with baking paper.
- Cut an 8cm round from each bread slice; discard offcuts. Roll slices with a rolling pin to flatten to 9cm in diameter. Lightly spray both sides with oil. Line prepared holes with rounds, pressing into base and side. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and ricotta in a medium bowl; stir in chives, dill and salmon. Season.
- Divide the egg mixture between bread cases; top each with a tomato, as pictured. Bake tartlets for 12 minutes or until puffed and set. Top with extra dill to serve.