Roasted Eggplant, Hummus and Goat's Cheese Sandwich
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
You don't need to go out to enjoy a delicious gourmet sandwich...just try this Roasted Eggplant, Hummus and Goat's Cheese recipe and you'll never look back.
- Light Rye bread
- 1x eggplant
- Handful of rocket (arugula)
- Goat cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Pesto or basil sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Slice the eggplant into rounds and place them on a baking tray.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for about 20-25 minutes until tender and slightly golden. Set aside.
- Take two slices of the Light Rye bread and spread a generous layer of hummus on each slice.
- Layer the Ingredients:
- On one slice, add a layer of roasted eggplant slices.
- Top the eggplant with a handful of rocket leaves
- Crumble the goat cheese over the rocket.
- Add the roasted red peppers on top of the goat cheese.
- Drizzle some pesto sauce over the roasted red peppers.
- Place the other slice of bread with hummus on top of the layered ingredients
- Serve, you can toast the sandwich or enjoy it as is.