Lamb, Fetta & Mint Cheat’s Gozleme with Capsicum Dip
Love Gozleme? Take it up a level with a side of capsicum dip.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1½ tsp paprika, plus extra to serve
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 cups (90g) shredded silverbeet leaves
- 250g tub spreadable cream cheese
- 310g jar roasted capsicum strips, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped mint, plus extra whole leaves to serve
- 4 x Helga’s Traditional Mixed Grain Wraps
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic and lamb, stirring to break lamb up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add paprika and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add silverbeet. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until silverbeet is starting to wilt. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cool slightly.
- To make capsicum dip, blend the cream cheese, capsicum and chilli flakes in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Add fetta, parsley and mint to lamb mixture; mix well to combine.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with a wrap. Top half the wrap with a quarter of the lamb mixture. Fold over to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining wraps and lamb mixture to make 4 gozleme.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast gozleme, in batches, in hot sandwich press for 2 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Cut the gozleme into wedges. Serve with lemon wedges, extra mint and the capsicum dip, sprinkled with a little extra paprika, if you like.
Tip: Any leftover capsicum dip will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days.