Italian-Style Cheesy, Capsicum Toasties
Ready in under 10 minutes, lunch just got interesting. Artichoke, spinach and bocconcini layered with red capsicum dip and sandwiched between Helga's Sourdough bread.
- 4 slices Helga’s Sourdough Bread
- 20g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (90g) red capsicum dip
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2/3 cup (120g) marinated artichokes, sliced thickly
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- 140g bocconcini, torn
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Spread slices with butter. Turn 2 slices so buttered side faces down; spread with dip and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Top with the artichoke, spinach and bocconcini. Sandwich with remaining bread slices, buttered-side up.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast sandwiches in hot sandwich press for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Swap: Use pesto instead of capsicum dip and baby rocket leaves instead of baby spinach.