Chilli Bean & Avo Melts
Prep: 8 mins
Cook: 2 mins
Start your day with Chilli Bean and Avo on a slice of Traditional Wholemeal Gluten Free bread.
- 2 x 125g cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes (180g), seeded, diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 slices Helga’s Gluten Free Traditional Wholemeal Bread
- ½ large avocado (160g), mashed
- ½ cup (60g) finely grated cheddar cheese
- Sliced green chilli and baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Place beans in a medium bowl; roughly mash with a fork. Add tomato, lime juice and chilli flakes; stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Preheat grill on high. Place bread under grill until lightly toasted on both sides.
- Spread toasts with the mashed avocado; top with bean mixture and grated cheese.
- Return toasts to grill for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Serve topped with sliced chilli and rocket.