Spiced Pear & Raspberry Toasties
The prefect balance of spicy sweetness. If you don't have fresh raspberries on hand, you can also use frozen berries.
- 3 large pears (990g), peeled, cored, diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (135g) fresh raspberries
- 8 slices Helga’s Raisin Toast Fruit Loaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil spread
- natural yoghurt, extra fresh raspberries and icing sugar, to serve
- Combine pear, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pear is tender. Stir through raspberries. Strain pear mixture; discard cinnamon stick. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Lightly spread slices with olive oil spread. Turn 4 slices so spread side faces down; top with pear mixture. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices, spread-side up.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast sandwiches, in batches, in hot sandwich press for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve topped with yoghurt and extra raspberries and dusted with icing sugar.
Swap: Use frozen raspberries instead of fresh.