Ricotta, Banana, Honey & Walnut Toasties
This delicious recipe is not only a sweet treat but it's Vegetarian too!
- 2 large bananas (460g), sliced thinly
- 1½ tbsp honey, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 8 slices Helga’s Helga's Traditional White Bread or Gluten Free White Bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil spread
- ½ cup (120g) smooth ricotta
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, plus extra to serve
- Place banana, honey, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium bowl. Gently stir to combine.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Lightly spread slices with olive oil spread. Turn 4 slices so spread side faces down; spread with ricotta. Top with banana mixture and walnuts. Sandwich with remaining bread slices, spread-side up.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast sandwiches, in batches, in hot sandwich press for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve drizzled with a little extra honey and topped with extra walnuts.