Philly Cheesesteak Turkish Rolls
Mozzarella or gruyère work just as well if you can’t get provolone to make these delicious Philly Cheesesteak Turkish Rolls.
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 500g beef stir-fry strips
- 200g field mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium red capsicum (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium yellow capsicum (170g), sliced thinly
- 1 x Helga’s Traditional White Turkish Bread, split
- 11/3 cups (135g) coarsely grated provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup (95g) american mustard
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned and cooked to your liking. Remove beef from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan.
- Preheat grill on high. Place turkish bread halves, cut-side up, on a foil-lined baking tray. Place under grill for 3 minutes or until golden and toasted. Transfer top half of bread to a separate tray.
- Spread base with capsicum mixture, then beef and cheese. Return topped base on tray to oven; grill for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Drizzle with mustard and sauce. Sandwich with toasted bread top. Cut into 4 portions to serve.
Swap: If you can’t get provolone, use mozzarella or gruyère.