Indian-Style Chickpea Toasties
Vegetarian and Gluten Free - these Indian Style Chickpea Toasties are packed with flavour. Made with Helga's Gluten Free 5 Seed Bread - or pick another favourite loaf from our GF range!
- 125g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 slices Helga’s Gluten Free 5 Seed Bread
- olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup (25g) ricotta
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- Place chickpeas in a medium bowl; roughly mash with a fork. Add tomatoes, green onion, coriander and cumin; stir to combine. Season.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Lightly spray slices with olive oil. Turn 2 slices so the oiled side faces down; spread with ricotta and top with chickpea mixture and spinach. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices, oiled-side up.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast sandwiches in hot sandwich press for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.