Chipotle Egg Sandwiches with Avocado & Bacon
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Wake up to these Chipotle Egg Sandwiches with Avocado and Bacon. A twist on your classic egg mayo sandwich.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices streaky bacon (120g)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup (75g) chipotle mayonnaise
- ¼ small red onion (25g), chopped finely
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 4 slices Helga’s Traditional Wholemeal Bread
- 1 medium avocado (250g), sliced
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, turning, for 5 minutes or until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- Combine egg, mayonnaise, onion and coriander in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Top 2 slices with avocado, bacon and the egg mixture. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices.
For an extra kick, add a pinch of chilli flakes to the egg mixture.