Chicken & Fennel Sandwiches
An easy, fresh and tasty lunch time sandwich option.
- ¾ cup (120g) finely chopped barbecued chicken breast
- ¼ medium fennel bulb (75g), chopped finely
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices Helga’s Digestive Wellbeing Barley White Bread
- ½ lebanese cucumber (70g), sliced thinly
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- Combine chicken, fennel, chives, celery, yoghurt and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste.
- Place 2 bread slices on serving plates. Spread the chicken mixture over bread slices; top with cucumber and butter lettuce. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices.
Swap: Use ½ baby fennel (70g), instead of the fennel bulb.