Cajun Baked Crisps with Charred Tomato Salsa
Bring in the heat with these Cajun Baked Crisps with Charred Tomato Salsa. A fun and easy alternative to tortilla chips.
- 4 large egg tomatoes (360g), halved
- 1 medium onion (150g), cut into thick wedges
- 1 fresh long red chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 x Helga’s Traditional White Wraps
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1½ tsp cajun seasoning (see tip)
- 2 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on a tray. Arrange onion and whole chilli around tomatoes. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut each wrap into 12 even wedges. Place, in a single layer, on second lined tray. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with seasoning. Bake for the last 12 minutes of tomato cooking time.
- Discard stem from chilli. Blend tomato, onion and chilli until finely chopped; transfer to a large frying pan. Stir in chilli sauce. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until salsa has thickened slightly. Remove from heat; stir in half the chopped coriander. Season to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Top the cooled salsa with remaining chopped coriander and extra sprigs. Serve with cajun crisps for dipping.
Tip: Different brands of cajun seasoning will vary in heat; taste as you go to suit your heat level tolerance.