Buffalo Chicken Pizzas
Now's your chance to try Helga's Turkish Bread - you will never go back to traditional pizza bases after trying this one!
- 1 x Helga’s Garlic Turkish Bread, split
- 400g jar napolitana pasta sauce
- 1½ tbsp buffalo hot sauce (see tip)
- 1½ cups (150g) grated pizza cheese
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 cups (320g) shredded barbecued chicken
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup (100g) aïoli
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place a turkish bread half, cut-side up, onto each tray.
- Combine sauces in a small bowl. Spread the sauce mixture over bread halves. Top each half with ½ cup cheese, the capsicum, chicken and onion. Scatter evenly with remaining cheese. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden and bases are crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the aïoli, dill, chives and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add a little water, if needed, to make a drizzling consistency.
- Serve pizzas drizzled with herbed aïoli and scattered with extra herbs.
Tip: If you’re not a fan of heat, add ½ tbsp buffalo sauce at a time in step 3 and taste to ensure it’s not too hot for your liking. Alternatively, omit altogether.