Prep: 18 mins
Cook: 2 mins
Brekkie doesn't have to be mundane! Mix it up with Bruschetta. A delicious and fresh vegetarian start to the day.
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 x 125g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ large avocado (160g), diced
- ¼ cup baby basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices Helga’s Digestive Wellbeing Barley, Seeds & Grain Bread
- 2 tsp mixed seeds, toasted, to serve
- Combine tomatoes, chickpeas, avocado, 2 tbsp of basil, the lemon juice and oil in a medium bowl.
- Toast bread until golden.
- Divide tomato mixture between toast; sprinkle with seeds and remaining basil leaves. Season with pepper.
If using larger basil leaves, coarsely chop them before combining with other ingredients in step 1.