Apple & Maple Syrup Toasties
Sweeten up your day with an indulgently delicious toastie - you can swap out the pecans for walnuts if you have them at hand!
- 385g can apple slices pie fruit, drained, larger pieces sliced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 slices Helga’s Traditional White Bread
- 40g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (40g) finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup (125ml) thickened cream, whipped
- Combine apple, maple syrup and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Spread the slices with butter. Turn 4 slices so buttered side faces down; top with apple mixture. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices, buttered-side up. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Toast sandwiches, pecan-side up, in batches, in hot sandwich press for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. To serve, top with cream and drizzle with extra maple syrup.
Swap: Use walnuts instead of pecans.