Herby Haloumi & Avocado Sandwiches
Your new favourite vegetarian lunch idea. Herby haloumi, avocado, tomato and rocket packed between two fluffy slices of Helga's Digestive Wellbeing Barley, Seeds and Grain bread.
- 1/3 cup (100g) aïoli
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 slices Helga’s Prebiotic, Ancient Grains & Seeds Bread
- 2 medium avocados (500g), mashed
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 180g packet haloumi, drained, sliced thinly
- Combine aïoli and parsley in a small bowl.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Top 4 slices with avocado, rocket and tomato.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook haloumi for 1 minute each side or until golden. Season with pepper. Top sandwiches with haloumi.
- Spread remaining bread slices with aïoli mixture. Place over haloumi, aïoli-side down.
Swap: Use firm tofu instead of the haloumi.