Chicken & Sauerkraut Toasties
Lunch never looked so good with these Chicken and Sauerkraut Toasties. Made with Helga's Digestive Wellbeing Barley, Seeds and Grain bread.
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup (120g) chopped barbecued chicken breast
- 30g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 slices Helga’s Digestive Wellbeing Barley, Seeds & Grain Bread
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup (70g) purple sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup (35g) grated mozzarella
- Combine tahini, lemon juice and 2 tsp warm water in a medium bowl until smooth. Add chicken and spinach; stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a chopping board; top with bread slices. Lightly spray slices with olive oil. Turn 2 slices so oiled side faces down; spread with chicken mixture. Top with the sauerkraut and cheese. Sandwich together with remaining bread slices, oiled-side up.
- Preheat sandwich press. Toast sandwiches in hot sandwich press for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.