This product is available in all leading supermarkets.
Not currently available in WA, NT or Tasmania.
Yes, the product is suitable for vegetarians.
Yes, the product is vegan friendly.
No, the product does not contain any dairy.
Barley White & Barley Wholemeal: contains gluten-containing cereals and soy. Made on a line that also produces products containing sesame seed so Barley, Seeds & Grain: contains gluten-containing cereals, soy and sesame seeds.
Helga’sDigestive Wellbeing is baked with BARLEYmax™, which contains a range of prebiotic fibres that feed the good bacteria in your gut, which helps with digestion and supports gut health. Good digestion and gut health supports the absorption of nutrients from your food, which is important for your overall health and wellbeing.
The product contains a unique barley ingredient that naturally imparts a distinctive flavour to the product. It commonly delivers a sweet taste to the product, which is all natural. We do not add any sugar to this product.
One serve (2 slices) of Helga's Barley, Seeds & Grain contains on average 0.7g of poppy seeds.
The product contains a unique barley ingredient that naturally imparts a distinctive colour to the product. It is a more earthy colour and that is what you are seeing in the product. The barley ingredient which helps to deliver the gut health.
BARLEYmax™ is a high fibre wholegrain, that contains a range of fibres that feed the good bacteria in your gut, helping with digestion and supporting good gut health. BARLEYmax™ grain is a barley grain with a superior nutritional profile compared to many other commercially available grains.
BARLEYmax™ wholegrain is non-GM and was developed by CSIRO using traditional plant breeding techniques. These techniques have been used for many years and are well accepted in the plant breeding industry.
We have not tested the FODMAP value of this range.
Helga’s Barley, Seeds & Grain is wheat flour based with BARLEYmax™, linseeds, poppyseeds and sorghum.
No, this product does not contain Probiotics. Rather it is the Prebiotic Fibres in this product that help to feed the bacteria present in the digestive tract to help support gut health.
This product should be consumed as part of a healthy balanced diet. This product should not be used as a replacement for supplements or medication. Always consult a Health Care professional before changing your existing medication or diet.
There are 3 variants:
- Barley White
- Barley Wholemeal
- Barley, Seeds & Grain
- Barley White: One serve (2 slices) of Helga'sDigestive Wellbeing Barley White Bread contributes 25% towards the Grains &Legumes Nutrition Council™ 48g Whole Grain Daily Target Intake.
- Barley Wholemeal: One serve (2 slices) ofHelga's Digestive Wellbeing Barley Wholemeal Bread contributes 60% towards theGrains & Legumes Nutrition Council™ 48g Whole Grain Daily Target Intake.
- Barley, Seeds & Grain: One serve (2 slices)of Helga's Digestive Wellbeing Barley, Seeds & Grain Bread contributes 30%towards the Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council™ 48g Whole Grain DailyTarget Intake
- Barley White contains 6.7g of dietary fibre per100g
- Barley Wholemeal contains 7.9g of dietary fibre per 100g
- Barley, Seeds & Grain contains 7.1g of dietary fibre per 100g
Helga’s Digestive Wellbeing range contains a blend of soluble fibres, including fructans and beta glucan, insoluble fibres and resistant starch.
Helga’s Digestive Wellbeing range has the following nutrient benefits:
- High in fibre
- 2x the fibre of Helga’s Traditional White Bread
- Source of protein
- Contains whole grains
- 4.5 Health Stars
- Baked with BARLEYmax™, which contains a range of prebiotic fibres that feed the good bacteria in your gut